Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Born and raised in Texas. Lived out of the state for the last 11 years in the Navy. Recently moved to Austin ans started fishing the banks. I carry a rod n reel and some tackle in my car almost always. I have been fishing OSP quite a bit.

Traveling around the Austin area this week I decided to toss a few at some different spots. Yesterday I spent a couple hours at East Metro. Im not sure which is which but I fished the larger pond by the pavilion. Got there around 530ish(it was hot obviously but thats when I had the chance). Through a Texas rigged soft plastic almost all the way around got one little tap and that was it. Through a few crank baits in the small end with the timber in it...nothing. Tied on a spinner bait. Pulled out two LMB about a pound, maybe pound in a half. Moved around the rest of the lake. Thought they were really turning on but the next two fish I caught were cats.

This morning I had to be in South Austin for work. Ofcourse as soon as I was done I headed to Cabelas to wander around and wish I had more money. Decided to check out the Bradfield Village ponds. It was noon and burning up. Started throwing the same spinnerbait. Third cast hooked a small cat. Worked my way around the bank of the bigger pond. Caught two more small cats all on the spinnerbait. Tried one crank bait as the heat stroke set in and got no bites. I wont be going out of my way to go back however it does have pretty good bank access for those of us with no boat. Also, I dont have kids but it seemed like a nice spot(minus the unavoidable heat) to takes kids to catch a few cats. WHen I first got there u could see them mouthing at the top of the water everywhere even in the heat.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Bradfield Village is prime territory for half a senko. There's even instructional video on how to fish that choice body of water. TFTR and welcome.

-SSJr

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seemed like a nice place. I like that you can access pretty much all the bank. Its a little far for me. I live in central Austin, but then again I have been fishing OSP a lot and that is just as far. I usually fish a lot of soft plastics. Any place you catch a few fish(althouhg I'd much prefer LMB) at noon with a high of 104 is good i guess. If you don't mind me asking. Is the larger pond the best spot. I planned on trying both. Im all about fishing weedless but the smaller pond is just covered up in grass.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I apt recite the tip. I have gone out once and looked while I was passing by. Been planning on going and actually putting in some work. Just haven't made it yet. I have a real love hate relationship going in with a spot up in RR.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts