Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
If he accomplishes 5% of what he say's he is going to do we will be miles ahead.
I wonder if you refer to any 5% or if you have a particular 5% in mind. With all the walking back of the Trump campaign rhetoric going on lately, any 5% may be hard to come by (big sigh of relief). Of particular interest to me is whether or not Trump will keep his campaign promise to the employees of Carrier in Indiana. My prediction: Carrier will implement their plan to move manufacturing in the Indiana plant to Mexico and the Indiana employees will be SOL. My 2nd prediction: Frisbie (and probably some others at ABF) will not be getting any boat repairs done at Tracker Marine in the near future. There might be a downside to mixing strong political views with a business that wants to serve a wide variety of consumers from the public at large in a forum with most members in the target market of the business.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I'm sorry you feel that way and politics are always sensitive and the views expressed here only represent my beliefs not my employers. Currently the political climate is hyper sensitive as demonstrated by your comments regarding where you will not bring your boat for service. I would think we could separate the two. Great CUSTOMER SERVICE is offered regardless of your political views and no where in this thread is my employer mentioned .

I'll share what I think important since you asked what 5 % I hope he accomplishes. Real job growth and reduced wage stagnation, immigration control...at least enforce the laws that are on the books, infrastructure improvement not like the one obama got thru funneling most of the $ to the unions which in turn gave it to the democratic party . Sounds like money laundering. Rebuild our military and support local law enforcement.

Regarding your predictions I guess most folks could separate political views and agree to disagree on party issues. If you or others choose to not do business with me because of my views that's fine and there likely are those who may read this and decide to do business with me because I lean right. The beauty of the country . CHOICE.

Now I have a question for you. Do you eat at CHIK-FIL-A ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm sorry you feel that way and politics are always sensitive and the views expressed here only represent my beliefs not my employers. Currently the political climate is hyper sensitive as demonstrated by your comments regarding where you will not bring your boat for service. I would think we could separate the two. Great CUSTOMER SERVICE is offered regardless of your political views and no where in this thread is my employer mentioned .
Just my $.02 take it or leave it for what it's worth. A lot of smart First Amendment theorists believe that Constitutional protection for commercial speech is irrelevant because public opinion will always have the strongest chilling effect on a company before any government action would. Now take your posts, right below your handle is a giant letter that says "Supporting Vendor" with an official looking badge. To me, I had the impression that you were either a sole proprietorship or acting on behalf of them on this forum. Your other posts have pictures of boats and work your employer has done. But now you're walking back your stance and saying your views don't reflect your employer. If I were you and I wanted to start a thread as emotionally charged as this, I'd either layer it with disclaimers, or better yet use another account. It costs nothing and in no way can reflect on your employer. While you're definitely entitled to your opinion, the tact with which you express it leaves a lot to be desired IMHO, especially when its connected with a business.

Now I have a question for you. Do you eat at CHIK-FIL-A ?
This is a great case study for my above point - Chick-fil-a took a hardline stance on gay marriage, as is their right, and arguably won in the court of public opinion especially in the South. Yet they've since walked it back dramatically cutting funding to groups that oppose homosexual rights and agreeing to treat all customers equally regardless of their sexual orientation. There's room for all in this boat...

Back to the topic at hand and to keep the now civilized debate we have going. Something I'm really curious to hear about from Trump supporters especially here is how you all reconciled his stance on the environment or is just a non issue to you?

That was one of the biggest forces driving my vote - I feel like the environmental strides the country made over the last eight years were tremendous. However, Trump has given the nod to Myron Ebell an unabashed climate change non-believer with strong ties to the coal industry to guide his EPA transition. He has already said he wants EPA to reconsider CO2 classification as a pollutant not to mention Keystone XL, and fracking all of which don't seem economically viable to me with current prices at record lows. Just curious to see how the other side of the fence sees things.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Umm no, it was the Hillary supporters who were paid to incite violence at his rallies. He said he would pay any legal fees for his supporters who get into altercations with protesters. He was quoted saying “By the way, and if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don’t know," doesn't sound like a hit to me, hits usually have a monetary payoff, that could also be construed as suggesting they vote for him. And yes I did vote for him, have never denied it.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
In Virginia, the Democrat Governor made it legal for 60,000 felons to regain their voting rights this year. Strangely, the same number by which she won that state. When Bernie Sanders was leading her in the polls her party invented "super delegates" to ensure that she won. That's a whole lot of sketchy behavior that I don't condone.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Trump spent most of his time as a democrat. As a business man he has declared bankruptcy in the past. The reason he won is the fact that most of the voting populous are tired of politicians that lie for a vote. He was rude and crass but that indicated to some that he wasn't a politician. Which was the most appealing part of his campaign to a lot of voters.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Neither candidate was a good option. Everyone should be angry with the system that gave us these options as the BEST candidates to run our country. I know there are better options. There are probably better options in prison, where these two would likely be if not for their large legal defense funds.
that's my personal take on the whole thing.
Take it as you're both wrong and right.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Frisbie (and probably some others at ABF) will not be getting any boat repairs done at Tracker Marine in the near future. .
I keep personal and business fairly separate. Gary did a great job on my motor rebuild. It's been a long and emotional election for a good portion of Americans, Mexicans, Germans, British, the World, etc. We're all venting a bite here, and I hope we can put all the political bullshit behind and move on soon.

Note to self: Do not wear your Hillary For President shirt the next time you stop by Tracker.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I keep personal and business fairly separate. Gary did a great job on my motor rebuild. It's been a long and emotional election for a good portion of Americans, Mexicans, Germans, British, the World, etc. We're all venting a bite here, and I hope we can put all the political bullshit behind and move on soon.

Note to self: Do not wear your Hillary For President shirt the next time you stop by Tracker.
Well said, Tracker is the best for a reason. Now lets go fishing!
JR

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Thanks for the compliments on your motor rebuild.

Great customer service offered regardless of what you wear.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts