Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo... I’m retiring soon and would like to resume fishing. Work and family have prevented me from pursuing my old hobby for a long time. I’ve fished the coast and up in Tyler and Palestine, but not that much in this area. To make things worse, I don’t have a boat so I’m limited to bank fishing. Many of the posts ive seen on this topic date back a few years. Just wondering if there are suggestions for an old guy in the Cedar Park/Round Rock area. I don’t mind ranging to Buchanan or east to Somerville. Just need suggestions on locations. Any help?

·
Registered
75 Posts
A lot of the Soil Conservation Reservoirs are actually pretty good. I've hit up the McCann Park and Trail to some success in the past. Brushy Creek is also a popular place up there. People also hit up the "Costco pond", but I've personally not been there. Supposedly it suffered a fish kill recently though. I'm in central Austin, so I don't know too much of what's up there but hope that helps. I'd also suggest looking at a cheap kayak. I bought a $200 Pelican and it really opened up a lot more options. If you don't feel like dealing with a traditional one, the inflatable ones have come really far along.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts