41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Ooh, yeah all those.......very nice.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just want to give a shout out to Gary over at Tracker for getting this boat done on time and to my picky standards. I picked up one bad A boat on Saturday, dropped it in the water and put my first hour of break in on the motor through all of the boat traffic on LA. Super happy so far with how the boat ran, handled and how all of the accessories were mounted.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I can't believe you went to LA to break in a new boat on a Sat.
LT would have probably been a MUCH better place for that.
But maybe you wanted to work on your slalom skills in your new boat, too..
Enjoy your new Hotrod fish getter!!!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Just want to give a shout out to Gary over at Tracker for getting this boat done on time and to my picky standards. I picked up one bad A boat on Saturday, dropped it in the water and put my first hour of break in on the motor through all of the boat traffic on LA. Super happy so far with how the boat ran, handled and how all of the accessories were mounted.
Thanks from all of us here at the shop.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Took the boat out this morning and got 71.8 gps out of it with 1/2 tank of fuel and passenger live well full to even out the boat. Pretty impressed but only ran it to 5700 rpms so I have a few hundred left to work with. I know its still break in period so after 10 hours my hopes are to get to around 73 (with one person and 1/2 tank) in the dead of summer which would put me in the 76 range when it cools off. I did adjust the jackplate 1/4" up when I got in so next time out we will see if it was a good or bad adjustment. Remember its just a Nitro...lol

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
What prop are you running? Type and pitch? I want to try some others and see if we can make her scream.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks Bass72 and for sure I will post them....I just dropped it off to Lance today and picking it up tomorrow, I am only getting the nav safety special white lights in the back and the red/green at front, still deciding on what color to put on the sides or if I even want them.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Thanks Bass72 and for sure I will post them....I just dropped it off to Lance today and picking it up tomorrow, I am only getting the nav safety special white lights in the back and the red/green at front, still deciding on what color to put on the sides or if I even want them.
Did you see the blue going down the side of that Skeeter last night. WOW

·
Registered
175 Posts
Lance had the guy come over by me before we started and he turned them on during the day but I didn't see him running at night but I would imagine they looked pretty cool. If i do the sides it will be green or blue I think.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I was in the boat with Lance. We ended up seeing him with those things on in the dark. I should have taken pics. It lit up the entire side where they were fishing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow then sounds like blue is the ticket. Sorry I didnt recognize you in your Avatar, you know head lamp and big fish and all....lol. Good to meet ya!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have you looked in the the Nighfishion black lights? I put them on my rig a few months back. Can meet up sometime on LA for a look-see.

z

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah Z520 that sounds great. I usually fish during the week let me know when you will be out there and I will see whats up......going to LBJ this weekend to see whats up and get away from LA for a couple days. I live like 5 mins from my launch at LA so its hard to go anywhere else but I need a different target to throw at if you know what I mean. I will be there Wed for the tourney for sure though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sent you a PM.

Was at reeds this past Tuesday morning, and a 6/8 bass crashed a surfaced buzz-bait at 5:15am <10ft from the boat (shout out to Strictly Biznuss). Water lit up everywhere, and very much startled me. The sad part though is the fish crapped everywhere, which I didn't notice until sun-up.

z

41 - 57 of 57 Posts