Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We didn't catch a lot of fish but hopefully I see some light at the end of the tunnel. The water level was a little higher today than it has been. An LCRA worker said they had been working on the dam but they have finished. She also said both ground water pumps are running. I was surprised at the large amounts of nice green bottle brush (?) and spiny naiad (?) that is growing. I don't know what the water level is on the Colorado river but I hope LCRA will crank up the pumps and put some large amounts of water in the lake quickly. I am not an engineer but I think the ground water pumps will put just enough water in the lake just to keep up with evaporation.

It was a beautiful, WINDY day. Lots of fishermen and boaters. The north parking lot was FULL. The water in the lake was at least 8-9 degrees warmer than the last time we were there. The water was gloriously clear. I think the increased water temperature had something to do with the lack of fish on our lures. We only caught 13 with a #4-1 and a #4-2.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
TFTR **** By the way, what was the water temp? I know you said it is 8-9 degrees warmer than last time out, but I don't know what that last time out temp was, so I have no info to calculate from. A temp would be wonderful, thanks in advance......... ><\\\\'> ..........

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
A game warden told me the benefits of the fresh water pump system several years back when they first put them in, but I be dang if I can remember what I was told. But I do remember it being a good thing. Seems like it was an experiment to see if they could grow bigger bass, but don't quote me on this, I really can't remember exactly how that went.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TFTR **** By the way, what was the water temp? I know you said it is 8-9 degrees warmer than last time out, but I don't know what that last time out temp was, so I have no info to calculate from. A temp would be wonderful, thanks in advance......... ><\\\\'> ..........
Oops, sorry. I saw up to 86 degrees.

·
Registered
90 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts