Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if this is the proper place for this or not so here it goes.

We need your help. I am coordinating a Soldiers On The Water event. We need anglers to take our fine Fighting Men & Women out on the water for a great day of fishing on LCRA Lake Bastrop. It doesn't matter what you fish for let's just get them on some fish.
Please drop me an email to confirm your attendance.
soldiersonthewater at gmail dot com
Where: LCRA Lake Bastrop North Shore Park
When: October 16th, 2010
Time: 7:00am - 3:30pm
Fish 7:00 to 1:00 then pictures, BS time, Awards & Food till 3:30

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Bullet I will move this to the Tournament section as that is probably a better place for "Events".

Hopefully this comes together nicely, I got a kitchen pass for the Belton Tournament so I'm not 100% sure I could commit to another but I might be able to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your help. I have my fingers crossed for ya ;)

Just a little info for those who don't know me. My name is Bob Jett and I have been a member of Canyon Bass Club for over 10 years now. My Great Uncle was in the Navy, my Dad was in the Navy, I was in the Navy, and my Step son went Army. I got tired of having to drive 2 hours south or 1.5 hours north to be part of Soldier fishing events so I made the decision to step up and put one on myself. TADA here it is. I would post the webpage I did for this event but I can't until I get 5 post's so I may spam a message or 2 just for that reason.

No matter if it's LMB, Catfish, Perch, or Striper I just want to see the smiles on our Soldiers Faces and as a angler there is no better feeling than being a part of something like this. Thanks you guys for your time.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
There is a tab above the post window that says User CP click that and do the following:

User CP > Profile > Edit Profile

The Profile window is a secondary tab once you click on User CP, just be aware. You should be able to pretty much edit whatever you need to from that screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
do you need catering for this event? My father owns a BBQ/ fish fry catering company out of bastrop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey JW, I haven't thought of that due to working with a shoe string budget.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have about 18 boaters right now. I haven't been given a complete list of Soldiers that will be there yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found out today as of 1:00 this afternoon we have 20 soldiers signed up at this time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok the event is on for tomorrow. Food, tshirts, and soldiers are confirmed. Can anyone from this board attend and take a Hero out on Bastrop?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fellow forum members, thank you for making this topic a pinned topic. With some last minute cancellations on the Military's side we had 18 Soldiers and 18 boaters. We all had a great time the weather was perfect & Lake Bastrop relented and allowed our Soldiers to catch numerous fish. We all ate well and enjoyed each others company and took many pictures. Thank you all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts