Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course, the one day me and my dad can go fishing, our go to lake is closed. We haven't been on lake Travis in a year or so, are there even any open ramps? Thanks

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Shore launch at Dink Pearson or Pace Bend. The fishing is still good even though the lake is 2/3 empty.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Probably at Dink. The shore is rocky at Dink, not soft sand like Pace. Unless you've got a tiny truck and giant boat. Don't try the mismatch launch without a ramp.

Might try Highland lakes marina. But I called them at 9am and they didn't answer phone this morning. Also $20, and stories of poor experiences there. So I'll be shore launching instead.

·
Registered
151 Posts
We went out to Travis today. Guads were on fire but not so much for lmb. Only a few. Dinks is getting rough if you dont have 4wd. There are plenty of people pilling in there to pull you out though.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Highland Lakes Marina is getting tough and 4x4 is recommended. I was there a Sunday-Tuesday and no issues, but with the water level dropping so fast they are asking that you have it. Fishing was on fire though!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Screw it, I'm going to Georgetown! If anybody wants to PMme a detailed description of their favorite spot, feel free 😂

·
Registered
131 Posts
Decker is closed for a movie
Personally I have issues with this. Hard working people who have so little spare time to enjoy are put aside so a movie scene can be shot, again , to me this is a testament to how backward things have become, it's always the little guy who needs to sacrifice. This is just my honest opinion and to qualify I have no love for hollywood and it would not bother me if they just went away.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a Silverado Crew Cab (2wd) and a 18ft champion and got stuck at dink last friday. I came in after numerous boats had launched and it was super wet, any wheel spin and it just dug down and stopped.

-don

1 - 14 of 14 Posts