Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching schooling bass pushing shad to the surface and low and behold....

A BALD EAGLE sharing in the good fortune!

Kids got a kick outa seeing him dive at the fish. It was a very graceful sight, to see this big bird with its beautiful white head and tail. We stopped and watched him for several minutes.

Keep your eyes in the sky!

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Hope the schooling continues till next weekend!

PER LCRA:
"Both parks provide views of Lake Bastrop, which hosts thousands of American Coots and other waterbirds during winter. Ospreys are usually conspicuous in winter; Bald Eagles are sometimes present. Wintering landbirds such as Ruby-crowned Kinglet and Yellow-rumped Warblerare often abundant. Rarities have included Blue-footed Booby (once!). "

Robert
(2200th Post!)

· Registered
1,037 Posts
Bald eagles are gradually making a recovery across the state. Over the last year I've seen one in the Hornsby Bend/Webberville area, near the Colorado and i've heard that others have seen them around the biosolids plant on FM973. There has even been some talk of a nesting pair somewhere along the river. Don't know if that's true but it would be great if it is. A truly magnificent bird. Once you see one in the wild it's not something you're likely to forget.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
born and raised and NEVER heard of Pelican Flats.......oh well, you learn something everyday!

This bird was spotted out of the south side, big part of lake, where the bass school up.......i've seen them in the winter, but NEVER in the hot summer.

..thanks for all your comments!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.