Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Skeeter SX190 was showing its age and the abuse I put it through over the years... the carpeting was coming off the decks, seats were approaching 25% duct tape ;), and the top cap was getting really oxidized. Mechanically the boat's been maintained well... thanks to Gary Pender and crew at Tracker Boat Center... , but the cosmetics were a different thing. Kind of depressing when you can lift sections of the rug off the deck by hand. :( Figuring it was cheaper to refurbish what I had and knew about, than toss out big bucks on a newer boat, I took it to Shoreline Boat/RV Repair in Pflugerville upon the recommendation of a friend who'd done business with them previously.

Greg and Jamie were great to work with. New carpeting, new seat covers, and the entire hull was wet-sanded/polished/waxed to remove oxidation. It came out looking like practically new boat. The entire job took about 3 weeks, including ordering the carpet and making new seat covers of a higher grade vinyl than what had been supplied by Skeeter when I had ordered new skins for the seats about 5 years ago (that didn't last even that long). And the cost wasn't that much different than what was quoted to me by a couple of part-time refurbishers.

Thanks again to Greg and Jamie for a good job on my old but worthy craft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts