Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. I need a little help with this one. I have two shimano Stradic 2500FK. Both bought 2 Christmas ago. Just this month, they both jave started making noise when I reel in. They sound dry and strained. I remember when I got them they were super quiet and very smooth. Is this normal? Send it in?

I'm debating whether to take it apart myself and take a look see on the inside. I've taken apart cheaper reels but these are kind of expensive. Last thing I want to do is make it worse than it already is. Other than the noise, reels function well.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
My suggestion would be to take it apart in a minimal way. Just the handle and reel spool.

Use a Q-tip and alcohol to clean, then add a few drops of oil made for reels in friction areas.

I've done this with aging reels that were making noise and it's made a difference.

Good luck!

Carl

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My suggestion would be to take it apart in a minimal way. Just the handle and reel spool.

Use a Q-tip and alcohol to clean, then add a few drops of oil made for reels in friction areas.

I've done this with aging reels that were making noise and it's made a difference.

Good luck!

Carl
Will try. Thank you

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Following burnetbass' suggestion, I lightly took apart my reel, cleaned, wiped and lightly oiled what I could. Alas, i have found the culprit..... the line roller. I'm thinking dirt has gotten into the bearings. Not fixed yet but will be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts