Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took all of the kids/grandkids camping this past weekend (Lord only knows what I was thinking). We had a nice set up at the park (highly recommend it for larger groups needing space - Sites 1 and 2). I brought along the kayak just in case I found a moment to my self. I didnt find that moment but I did have a grand daughter wanting to fish. Saturday evening we paddled out to the far shore line along a point of rock jutting out into the channel (yes I have a two person kayak). Started tossing white jigs up to the rock and letting it settle into the deeper water. 30 minutes later she had managed to boat 3 very nice white bass. We paddled back and found a grand son ready to go since we were catching fish. Back across with him and he managed to bring in two and lost 3 before his turn was up. Another trip and I was out again with the next grand son. He is a little young and needed help so he boated 5 before his turn was up. While everyone else had a shrimp boil the grand kids enjoyed a fish fry that they were able to supply themselves. Had planned on going out early Sunday morning but truck problems with one of the kids derailed that. It is really fun to watch young kids when they are catching fish.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
You are a true credit to angling, Texas, ABF and your family. You have a knack for including fishing in your outings. You also have an incredible knack for including kids in your fishing. I tip my hat to you, sir!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeremy. My grandfathers taught me to fish and I worked hard at getting my kids interested, but to no avail. Grand kids are my second attempt. When I read posts on here from you or Bill or some of the others I can see that same love of getting out on the water. And I follow your interaction with other fishermen and it reflects the real community feeling most of us have (most because of those rude anglers that keep running their boats into Bill's casting area).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts