Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved to the Jonestown area 4 years ago and have been on Travis 30 or 35 times since. I have yet to find sand bass or stripers. Most of the lakes I grew up on they would school quite a bit, especially in the heat of summer. Do they school here or are there just too many wake boats/jet ski's etc, that keep them down? If they do what areas are you seeing the action? Largemouth bass fishing is what I do most, but this time of year it gets tougher to get bit on those guys, so I look around for sandies or stripers. I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I moved to the Jonestown area 4 years ago and have been on Travis 30 or 35 times since. I have yet to find sand bass or stripers. Most of the lakes I grew up on they would school quite a bit, especially in the heat of summer. Do they school here or are there just too many wake boats/jet ski's etc, that keep them down? If they do what areas are you seeing the action? Largemouth bass fishing is what I do most, but this time of year it gets tougher to get bit on those guys, so I look around for sandies or stripers. I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!!
Well, I found the stripers yesterday. Up near Gloster was fishing a secondary point in a cove and catching a few LMB on a Bandit crankbait. Pulled it off the ledge of the point on the upwind side and it got really heavy. Set the hook, and my rod immediately doubled over. Absolutely could NOT turn this fish. She took drag while I frantically tried to retrieve my net. As she passed by the side of the boat I got a good look at her in the gin clear water of Travis. I've never caught a giant striper, but have caught several over 12 pounds with my largest right at 16 pounds at Lake Texoma. She was by far larger than anything I've ever caught. As she started stripping line I had to forget about digging out the net and try to go to the back of the boat to keep up with her. Snap. Line gone. Bait gone. Fish gone. Catch or no, that was a blast.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts