Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Schoolies have started on Bastrop. I took my 8 yr. old son out with me this morning from 10-2 and he hooked into 12-15 fish on a clear torpedo (thanks again, Keith). I was throwing the launching cork and having just as much success. Should be good for Saturday's fish fry!

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
Thanks for the report. I am at Lake Bastrop tonight and plan on fishing Bastrop in the morning till noontime. Then the evening.

The water temp has been lower than normal, due to the water being pumped in from Colorado River. It is good to hear this.....about the schoolies.That can be fun fishing for all family...

Robert

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yep I saw a few boats around the dam area fishing earlier today.  Got a late start and set out that way about 9am.  I promised my wife I'd have the kiddo and myself out of the sun by noon, but pushed it til 12:30pm

Needless to say we didn't stay long enough to catch anything, but when I was in dam area, you could see top water action every now and again.

Wounder if I saw any of you out there, at around noonish, a bunch of bass boats had clustered togehter in it looked like a meeting.  The boats disperesed and about three stayed.

I tell you with this heat, I may become a night time fisherman.  I know a 9pm it is still hot, but the temp is dropping. Either that or I got to pretend I'm going duck hunting and get after it at 3am.  It is just feeking HOT!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.