Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Fucking awesome. I like how they end that atrociously-written article with a dig at fishermen. Like we're being selfish for keeping water in our ol' fishin' hole, Decker Lake.

-SSJr

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep worrying about this. As the article points out it would require a cooperative effort between the LCRA, ERCOT, the City of Austin water utility, and the City of Austin electric utility. I would guess the chance of the four of them agreeing on something, much less actually doing something, are fairly remote. Would the electic utility and ERCOT agree to take that production capacity out of service for the water utility? Just don't see it happening.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep worrying about this. As the article points out it would require a cooperative effort between the LCRA, ERCOT, the City of Austin water utility, and the City of Austin electric utility. I would guess the chance of the four of them agreeing on something, much less actually doing something, are fairly remote. Would the electic utility and ERCOT agree to take that production capacity out of service for the water utility? Just don't see it happening.
It was the collaboration between Travis county and lcra that postponed the low water ramp long enough for the lake to drop below the minimum level before they even formed it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts