Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
It's the ladies birthday. Already turned down an all expense paid trip to Port Mansfiled. Please stop rubbing it in :-/

My vote is unfortunately definately no, but any other weekend night, I'm in. Just fished this Fri, Sat, Sun from 7p-11p. I can't get enough of that fishing slot during the summer. Peaceful, good temp, all around good times.

Cary

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Midnight is as late as it would go if more people want to fish longer so we can still beat the drunks home. This will start at 7 with livewell check. Will pay two BB places 80/20 so someone else can have a shot at it as well. $40 per boat entry $10 per person BB. Boats with 2 people each have to pay or none. 1-5 boats 100%. 6-10 boats 80/20. 11-15 boats 70/20/10. 16 or more 60/20/15/5. These are the tentative payouts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would probably fish it either way if I was in town, but I'd rather see something like a midnight to daylight sort of tournament more for safety purposes. Could be dangerous running around right at dark with all the crazies that have been out there drinking all day. Just a thought.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yea on a Saturday night at 7pm that lake is crazy You'd have to count me out on that one 9pm to 3am should be the safest time possible. You could count me in for that one I've got an 18 footer with 175 and at 7pm I'd have to idle from 360 to city park. The wear and tear on the boats just doesn't work out for me

·
Registered
718 Posts
and while we are at it Mansfield fom 9pm to 3am would make me do backflips. I know that lake has been labled as dangerous when its low, but a good map a good spotlight GPS of course but not necessary and a little commonsense and it should be completely safe. I've been running it at night couple times a week since January

·
Registered
151 Posts
Scott, I appreciate your effort to get something going.
There will always be people that will not agree time location or what ever. It is true that 7pm on LA the lake will still be a mad house. Its my experience that most of the boats are gone by 8:30 or so. One thing to keep in mind is you just can't make everybody happy. I was looking forward to fishing a night tourney on a saturday somewhere anywhere.
But as it now stands I'm not sure I would be able to attend. We dropped the boat in LA this past sunday only to find the steering was locked up tight on the boat. I'm not sure I'll have the steering cables replaced by then. Good luck and good fishing to all.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yeah, even at 7pm it's a madhouse.  Mostly with boaters exiting the lake.  I usually don't go out there til after 9pm.  It only makes sense to hold the tourny later in the evening!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I had heard about the good fishing on LA. Had also heard about the boats out there. I have personally never fished it let alone set eyes on it until Sat around 7 myself. Didn't fish was only locating 360 ramp. OMG!! I saw how many people were there and the crazy parking. I admit I was pissing in the dark on this one without any knowledge until I saw for myself. It looked like it was a holiday weekend!! Thus, this is why I did this poll for feedback good or bad. I would have to agree that 9pm would be a better start time for this lake. Maybe even a different lake.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Night fishing on LA is a Blast!!  However, you've gotta get on the water after 10pm to truly enjoy it................Lot's of action at the ramp around 7pm.  Also, the City started charging $5.00 to park at Walsh :'(  However, there's no one there later at night.  So, it's free again :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
I fish Wake Austin quite a bit at night and just like the rest of the crew states, anything before 9ish and you concentrate more on keeping your boat off the shore than actually catching fish. Even the Wed-nighters are sometimes too much for my 17' til dark.

I wouldnt be able to make it this weekend bc the gf is flying back from Italy and I have to pick her up, but pretty much any other weekend I dont have plans I would like to fish a 9 or 10pm - 3am tourney.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This thread is closed. Refer to the new one.

Admins, if you can/will, delete or lock this thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts