Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am a recent transplant from Raleigh, North Carolina. I am staying in San Marcos right by campus and I am looking to get back to fishing. I did a bunch of bank fishing back up in Raleigh and I was looking to get some advice on where to go around this area.

Definitely need to be bank fishing spots because I do not have a boat, but anyone with any suggestions on some solid spots in the San Marcos/Austin area? Thank you!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Colorado river. Behind cabellas. South metro park. San marcos river is hard because of the clearity of the water and tubers. Just like zilker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Colorado river. Behind cabellas. South metro park. San marcos river is hard because of the clearity of the water and tubers. Just like zilker.
Thanks for the advice. Is it pretty easy to access the Colorado River behind Cabellas?

·
Registered
593 Posts
No I ment that there is a small pond behind it. I can use the search . There been lots of threads on it and down south. I personally havent fish passed town lake. (Lady bird)

·
Registered
31 Posts
You can access the Colorado from numerous spots, exit Riverside off 35 and turn right then left on Lakeshore. You can park south side of the lake and fish lady bird, go past the Longhorn Dam and fish the Colorado on south. Most any bridge has access points (use google maps. Kyle Lake is also stocked by TX parks, there is also Onion Creek at any number of spots, you can start with McKinney Falls State Park and do same with Google Maps. Advice is to get you some water shoes, fishing creeks they are very useful. Lake Travis should be heating up as well with all the new water, plenty of areas to fish there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts