Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many RPM's should I be running on a Skeeter sx190 with a Yammie VMAX 150? I really don't trust my tach, sometimes it reads 4000 and sometimes 5000 at the same throttle position. It seems like some people just nail it and run full throttle. This is my first boat so I really have no clue. I don't want to blow it up.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you run wide open or do you hold back and watch your rpms? i think i might be babying mine too much. i had it up to 62 when i was by myself but i don't think that would be good to run wide open all the time. especially when trailering or trying to tie up to a dock :)

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Do you run wide open or do you hold back and watch your rpms? i think i might be babying mine too much. i had it up to 62 when i was by myself but i don't think that would be good to run wide open all the time. especially when trailering or trying to tie up to a dock :)
I don't run it wide open much.. It cruises very nicely at 45-50 mph. Really the only time I run it wide open is on the Wednesday Nighter take offs but by then I'm at least 6 beers and a couple shots deep.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, mine seems to run good around 4000 rpm, about 35-40 mph. I think I'll continue to do that unless that dang ol' turkey is riding shotgun and mocking me.

Reactions: Waylon Papst
1 - 6 of 6 Posts