Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to see my daughter and her boyfriend yesterday evening around 5:30. Last time I took him fishing he lost 3 of my swim baits so they bought me a box of "replacements" from Amazon. Not sure of the brand but I thought we should give them a try (good thing I keep rods in my jeep). We went over the retention pond near them to make a few casts. As we walked up we saw several splashes and swirls in the water - fish were feeding. We spent the better part of an hour tossing everything I had at the ripples and splashes but ended up with nothing. Another young man showed up about half an hour into our time and started throwing a Senko and told me he had caught 8 small bass yesterday evening. He lived in the apartments and said he fished here a lot but there wasn't much in here because of the fishing pressure. I pointed out all of the ripples and splashes and told him something was here. My SIL to be was on the other side of the pond by his truck so he packed up and headed home. I told him I was going to fish my way back around and went back to a shiner patterned swim bait and started working my way back around to the jeep. I was about half way around taking the long way when my rod got real heavy and the line began moving hard right. I rared back and set the hook only to see my rod tip sink towards the water. Yep I had me one of Jeremy's bigguns. I began working the fish in and several times his big ole head would roll up and I would bury my rod tip to keep him in the water. Seemed like forever but was probably only about 3-4 minutes and I had that hog lipped and over dry land. The young man from the apartments was going crazy. My old fashion DeLiar said it was 8 1/2 but it was only 8.3 lbs on his digital scale. Progress - who needs it. This is a picture of the swim baits they got me from Amazon in case anyone was interested. Be your lines tight, be safe and have a blessed day.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should have seen that young mans face when I let that bass go back in the pond. Heck he might still be out there casting for him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts