Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had dinner on the 26th with my daughter, her boy friend, his mom and her new boy friend. Started talking about fishing with him and found out he loved bass fishing. We decided to try our luck the next morning so I drove up to Round Rock to pick them up at 6:30 as agreed. Finally got them up and out at 7:00 but we were close to the retention pond so we were shoreline at 7:10. Since he didn't have any gear and I might have a little more than the average sporting goods store needs to carry (wife's words not mine) I brought extra gear for him to use. I was setting things down when he picked up my casting rod already rigged with a black/blue chatter bait and BBH trailer. First cast and he lets out a whoop while battling a bass back to shore. A few minutes later he was holding a nice biggin - 6.25 on the DeLiar. We all quickly got baits back in the water and proceeded to practice casting for the next 3 hours covering 2 more ponds and Brushy Creek. Oh well. At least I got to see someone catch a fish and I was able to touch it when we weighed it in. Keep your lines tight, be safe and have a blessed day.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Best. Guide. Ever.

CSB for sure. Damn near an Article 15 offense for missing morning angler time. I would have cut off the chatterbait and gave it to the dude. Man that’s lucky!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what CSB is my friend but I hope it is severe. As for Article 15, I berated them for the offense for a while but he did buy us breakfast after we spooled them up.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
CSB = Cool Story Bro

Breakfast is more than adequate compensation for a violation of the Uniform Code of Angler Justice!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would have to agree with Jeremy on this one... you took him to the spot, he grabs YOUR rod and catches a big fish on the first cast. A truly amazing guide.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while Welder. And a real guide probably would have found a few more fish for everyone. But at least he got one. Anyone braving the weather today to try rising waters?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts