Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-

Our junior club will be holding a tournament on Lake Travis on February 15th. This tournament is open to ALL junior anglers between the ages of 3-18. We will launch at safe light and weigh-in will be at noon. Location pending.

Anglers between the ages of 11-14 and 15-18 will have a $25 entry fee, and will fish for an 80% payback within their age groups. Anglers between 3-6 and 7-10 will have a $10 entry fee, and will be fishing for a trophy.

I encourage any of you young anglers out there to come out and join us for a good tournament. The more people that come the bigger the payback so be sure to bring all your friends. Also be sure to ask your sons if they want to come fish with us.

We had a good turnout last time, and are expecting more people at this tournament.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected] .

Look forward to seeing you there-

Alec Cochran

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that would be NICE!
;)

We have thought about that, and I agree that a longer tournament would be nicer, but there are a lot of factors that go into that. Almost all of our tournaments are on Sundays so you have to think about people getting back to their places and getting ready for work and school the next day. I would like to make that change, and at least add an hour, but it is not my decision to make.

As a club we could decide what we wanted to do. I would suggest asking about it after the State Championship. We can decided on the possible weigh-in times, and then vote on what we want to do. During the summer some kids don't want to fish in the heat, and in the winter they say it is too cold. I know kids like myself and you would fish all day if we have the chance.

I will ask Raplh and Shane what they think and if they can do that, and get back to where they need to be then we should be able to vote on it, and see if we can get something worked out.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Shoot, I was ready to fish from 7AM-4PM again! It's tougher for us teenagers to get a limit of fish, so the more time we get, I think it makes a huge difference.

I know Shane agreed with me as far as making the tournament hours longer. He was all for it. It came up throughout the tournament with us.

Hopefully I can do good on LT, and go to Amistad. :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok cool. If you land some fish the size of the one you lost last tournament you should be good.

Ok well I will make a motion for the change if you will second me on it at our first tournament after state.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I know what you mean. I would fish a 24 hour tournament if they had one.

No there isn't a proposed schedule yet. After state at each of our tournaments we will vote on lakes, dates, and ramps. That way everyone has a say in where we fish, and we can fish one or two tournaments somewhere far if we want to.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts