Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same story on these as the 7'6" flipping sticks.  These are left overs from a production run.  I'd say this is your standard medium heavy, but just a little longer at 7'3".  I'd rate it as fast with a nice tip to it that loads well.  It should be good for Tx Rigs, jigs, spinnerbaits, Senkos, frogs and Carolina rigs under 3/4 oz.

Specs
7'3" Medium Heavy, extra fast action
Rated at 15-30 pound line
Lure rating 3/8 - 1 oz
9.5" Full grip with a 3" fore grip

If you want one, you can post in here, pm me or text me.  I'll keep a running list of people that want rods in the next post.  I expect we'll do some pick ups with these next week, probably Cabela's and Mighty Fine again.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Round 2, US made 7'3" Medium Heavy, $60

Got the rods in today.  These are really nice with a soft tip, but good power.  They'd be great for Senkos, spinnerbaits, jigs<1/2 oz and Tx rigs. Also, I'd say they are fast to extra fast action.

Any interest in meeting at Mighty Fine at 183/ Mopac around lunch on Thursday or Cabela's Thursday night?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Going to be at Mighty Fine at 183/Mopac Thursday at 11:00 for anybody needing to pick up rods. I'll park on the north side of the store in a black Subaru hatch back.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Saw these rods today, they felt really good. Looking forward to giving the 7'6 a whirl.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First batch of 10 is just about gone. If you're looking for a good weightless plastic or Tx rig rod, you won't beat this one for $60. The blank design on these is really high end multi modulus layup. I'd compare it to a Loomis IMX or St. Croix Legend. The finishing isn't as good, but the blank is equal to both.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Used this rod last night throwing a texas rig. Light for 7'3". Caught quite a few fish on it up to 5 lbs and proved to be a good rod and sensitive especially for $60. It did seem a tad bit top heavy but that is compared to my loomis BCR853 that I usually use for t-rig. I will probably use it for throwing smaller jigs in future.

I will probably have a few buddies that might want one so I will text you soon. Thanks Robert!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I fished this rod at the tourney on G-town. It fished really, really well. Very sensitive and loads up well on fish. Didn't catch anything big but this rod would have no issues handling bigger fish.

I'll be getting more for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts