Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my good friend from Chicago flew into town and we decided to get some fishing in on LA. Went way up to the "stop' sign close to the low bridge. Started working our way way shade side with the current using moving bait. Quickly we got into bass bites that were fairly consistent. What surprised us was the mutant Blues that were bigger than your hand! At least 10 of those were boated accidentally. Then, after pitching a sipe Mepps spinner upside and close to a dock, a big bump hit the bait. Drag went out and she did not come up at all, rather ran down and toward an adjacent dock. Since we have a ongoing bet, he said for sure it was a cat and to cut the line...! Anyhow, the pic is what we landed! Good evening on LA. We'll be back tomorrow!

Fish Bass Fishing Fish Recreation

Attachments

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Welcome to the forum, excellent first report. I like above, I ain't cutting my line.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Yeah, even if it was a catfish, why would you cut the line on a game fish?

Lots of reports of hand sized bluegills, rumor has it that next Wednesday night's tournament will be a best 5 bluegill/perch/sunfish tourney. Might improve out weights some.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Trey
I'm off all week if you want to fish. My pm's still don't work so let me know here when you want to go.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
I have your number Matt, looks like I am headed out to Bastrop here in about an hour with Matt (bass-n-bay), fishing the Wednesday nighter with Tim tomorrow. Packing Thursday, Chicago for the weekend.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Good luck with them...I hope you get a PB....I hope it's cooler in Chicago for you.
I pretty much suck at fishing anyway

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.