Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought two new castaways from academy two weeks ago, got too excited because I found a deal. Wasn't really what I wanted so I am trying to get rid of one of them. It is a 6'6" Medium action with a fast tip. Nice rod but the tip is too fast for me. I got these guys for half off at $25 a pop. I used it once on Fayette last week and casted it once before I backlashed and put it back down. Its been in my house since then and is brand new. I am looking for a 6'6" or 7'0" Medium action with a large cork handle grip. The castaway has about a 6" cork lower grip and I would like something with a 10" or better. Like to stay with a Amer. Rod, All star, Cast away or Falcon. ( G-Loomis if your willing to give it up for less than $100). If you would like to make a partial or whole trade let me know. I also have a 6' Guide Series Medium action I can throw in as well. I would also appreciate recomendations on a rod as I doubt this trade thing will work. This is my worm rod and will be matched with a Shimano Cruxis real. Like to stay in the $50 to $75 range. :) ;D :D

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys, all I'm asking is for some recomendations for a rod. Maybe I put too much into it, but I realized that probably nobody wants to trade but it was worth a shot. ??? ::) ;D

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Travis,

I've fished with Castaways for quite a while and now just got a couple Kistlers.  I don't have rods to trade but "might" consider just buying them from you.  

First thing I need to know is model numbers.  Basically if you can give me all the info  that is written on the rod that'd help me decide.  (Anything that is on written on the rod:  model #, line wt, action, modulus, etc etc etc) You could take a close up picture of the information to save time re-typing it.

Drop me a pm or call if you want.

-Rude-

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Juke, I cannot make any recommendations in that price range.

Why don't you just take the rod back to Academy and exchange it for another one?  They are pretty good about exchanges even if you do not have a receipt.  If they give you a hard time because you have used it walk outside, snap that rod in half and bring it back in as a defected exchange.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Probably because they changed the sku numbers so you get a 25 dollar credit, instead of what the rod retailed for at normal price...

Don't ask.... 8)

G

·
Fob. I actually stepped on a rod and snapped it in half. I went back to Academy and told the salesman (Harold) what happened and that I wanted the same rod. He told me that because I was so honest about what happened he exchanged it for free. I just back from Academy at 183 and Oak Knoll. Harold is there today. He only works there two days a week and is absolutely the most knowledgeable salesman they have--and personable.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Air, You are not gonna jump on the Castaway for Loomis trade?

I thought you hated Loomis and loved Castaways ;D ;D

J/K

EA

·
Registered
799 Posts
airfob said:
Juke, I cannot make any recommendations in that price range.

Why don't you just take the rod back to Academy and exchange it for another one?  They are pretty good about exchanges even if you do not have a receipt.  If they give you a hard time because you have used it walk outside, snap that rod in half and bring it back in as a defected exchange.
Yeah, thats the way to get over ::)......

Why not just return it?

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK thanx all, I took it back to Academy @ 183 & 35 and not only did they take it back they gave me original retail of $50 for it. I traded it in for a American Rod Smith 7'0 MH Genesis Series rod, I like it alot. So taking the rod back got me thinking, ;D why coudn't I just take back my Shimano Cruxis that I bought open item and exchanged it for a Citica? So I did, and they bought hook line and sinker so for an extra $20 I got a Citica. I only paid like $60 for my Cruxis so that makes my Citica like $80. ;D

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Not sure what Dahorns means, but glad it worked out for you...

WalMart did a study one time on what the average person will spend after getting store credit, it was def in the favor of the store, that is why store credit is the new thing now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts