Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is the wrong section for this , I apologize. Didn't know where to put it.
Most of you knew him as "Buzzy" . He was one of the morning and afternoon coffee crowd. The little skinny guy with a coffee cup in his hand and an Anglers Lodge cap on his head. Usually a cigarette to go with it. I knew him as a best friend, confidant, and one hell of a carolina rig dragger and tournament partner. He passed away today. He was 75 years old. Unknown excatly when he passed, but home health found him and Dianne and I arrived shortly after. He went peacefully like he wanted. Almost a smile on his face. As a member of the Anglers Bass Club here in Del Rio he was never counted out of the running. If carolina rig dragging was the ticket, he was hard to beat. He went out in style as fishing equipment was strewn all over his bed as it looked like he had worked on his gear last night. We were to make a trip this evening. I knew he was ready as I looked at his gear while answering the deputy's questions . There was a orange ribbett and a 1 oz. pegged tx rig tied to his two braid outfits, just like i told him. I will miss him greatly. I do however , take solace that he went the way he wanted to. Peacefully in his sleep. Funeral arrangements are pending. Most likely burial will be in Bartlesville , Oklahoma where his spouse is buried. Anyone wanting info just holler at me. God bless ya Buzz. Leave a couple ten pounders for me when I join ya in heaven someday. Goodbye my friend...........  :'(

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent out to family and friends.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My condolences, Carl. He sounds a lot like a guy I've seen in your place many times that was always willing to strike up a conversation... about fishing. I'm sorry for your and his family's loss.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you gentleman. You responses mean more than you know and won't be forgotten. Just an update. The funeral service is tuesday in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. I do not have the times, or where or anything. I will have to post that when we get up there. I will have our laptop with us and I will post as soon as I know. Again, thank you for your responses. You do find out who your friends are during these times. Also, thank you to all of you who sent cards. I am a little overwhelmed right now from all the things and response you guys have done for us, so I will talk to you guys later. Regards.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you so much. We will be having a service for Buzzy here at the lodge when we get back home from Oklahoma. I will post the date as soon as we know when it will be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.