Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, took the Kayak out to explore this place called Reimers Ranch on Sat (04/01). Launched around sunrise, kayaked up river as far as i could until i came across an area of rapids i was unable to kayak up, the rapids were about a 30 min hard paddle up river from the primitive boat launch at the park. The Gauds and LMB were stacked up in the first eddy below the rapids, caught about a bakers dozen nice Guads and a few small LMB with flukes and Sencos.... just let them drift down the current, give them a few twitches and bammmm... the bass were hungry. Tried for some white bass but didnt find any below the pool... fished from the rapids all the way back to the boat launch, ended the day with about two dozen Guads and LMB, nothing bigger than 16 inch, most bass were around 12 to 14 inch. A couple of other kayaks were out and about looking for White bass... didnt see any white bass caught but the LMB and Guads were to be found regularly dancing a weightless fluke and or senko. Water is very clear, looking nice and was fun to see the fish come out of the deep and slam the fluke. Sorry for no good news about White Bass... i tried to find some but nothing, so i would go back to the LMB fishing because the LMB and Guads were biting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts