Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a fisher 180 side console. 2005 model. Essentially a bass tracker 175. I need the carpet and seats redone. Anyone know of a good place in the Austin area? Anyone had this done before and can tell me what y'all paid?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
BOAT= Break Out Another Thousand $ LOLOLOLOL

This may not be the route you want to go, but I re-carpeted a 16' 1979 bass tracker a few years ago after getting a quote from someone to do the work that was fair, but also nearly equivalent to the entire value of my boat. I ended up at a carpet retailer on the east side that basically told me I made a great choice (or was an idiot) waiting until the bass spawn to carpet my boat and whatever bass boat carpet they had left was half off. I bought their last two full rolls of thick blue/grey bass boat carpet for $150. It turned out to be an easy, time consuming job. My old carpet was BAD, but the boards actually come out easy on most bass boats. I set up horses and power sanders outside the garage and cleaned all the old junk off the boards, while my ten year old boy glued all the new carpet down to the cleaned boards inside the garage. We did that on a Saturday, screwed it all back in and went fishing on Sunday. And for once (and only that once) I was able to show my wife that I DID NOT, in fact, need ANOTHER thousand for my boat, and to the contrary, it was going to be FREE. I used one roll to re-carpet my boat and sold the other the next fall on Craigslist for $150 FTW :)

All that being said, my best quote was $600 for a 16' boat that had practically no storage, but old nasty carpet and glue that needed to be sanded off every board. Most handyman type work is quoted around $50/hr so if someone is going to work for a whole day that's $400 in labor, then add materials.

Best of luck, and congrats on the new boat!

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can't carpet and seats redone on fisher 180 side console by yourself. You will have a need a perfect service provider to redone carpet and seats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts