Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys last week the weather kept everyone home and off of Decker. This week the weather should hold so it in on!!! We will be out there at 5:00 pm tomorrow (4-22-2010) collecting money start time 5:30 pm ends at 9:00 pm. There is $25 rolling over into the Big Bass Pot this week. The bite has been getting better each week. Let’s get some participation guys!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: DECKER THURSDAY NIGHT TOURNAMENT

Hey there TJ, just curious around how many boats have been participating. I've been out for a few of the first ones. Let's hear from some of those that plan on fishing tonight so I know if it's worth driving up.
Thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts

Currently working out of state this week, or I would be there..

Thursday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. South southeast wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Thursday night: A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. South southeast wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Friday: A 10 percent chance of showers before 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 84. South wind between 5 and 10 mph becoming calm.

·
Registered
351 Posts

I will be there. went there monday to sooth the :-[ sting :-[ from that travis tourney and it is on. the fry are up in the reeds and the bass are doing there best to protect them.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4 Teams fished (none melted in the the rain f.y.i. ;D) 5 fish for 6 11 won and the Big Bass Pot is now $45 for next week. Everyone reported the bite being very good and lots of slot fish caught.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I am in ;D. I know the thought of havin to weigh fish under 14 inches and throw back 3 and 4 pounders can be a deterrent, but the way i see it is I would rather be weeding through 15 to 25 slot fish struggling to get 5 under 14 than to struggle to get 10 bites and rarely catch a limit. Look guys, the fishing on Decker is good and gettin better by the day right now. 15 fish is what you catch on the bad days 25 is more the norm. The bass are up in the reeds and very aggressive, lots of visual strikes. Your favorite soft plastic will catch them as long as you are close to,up into or buried in the reeds. :cool: Good fishin to all and hope to see a few of yall out there this thursday night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts