Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took my boat up there from pace bend sat 3/5. Arrived around noon or 1. About a dozen fishermen total in kayaks and on bank reported slow going; only a few caught. I developed throttle issues and went home early and empty.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I fished at Reimers this morning from 7:30 until 10:00 a.m. The place was deserted. There was nobody there. One other guy in the parking lot when I got there and one couple who had a bucket of minnows and their waders. The river is up, the stumps just below the rapids were barely sticking out above the water and the rapids were running pretty strong, I tried to cross like I have been able to do over the past several weeks but turned back due to the strong current I felt like I might lose my footing and fall in. I guess the water is muddy, there was quite a bit of leaves and grass in it and occasional tree limbs and branches, but nothing too big. Walking down from the parking lot from up above the water looked normal and clear to me near the beach and the ramp but fishing by the stumps it was pretty murky.
A center console came up from the lake shortly after I got in the water and two guys rigged up with double roadrunners on their rods would just run right up to the stumps and kill the motor and then drift in the current right down the channel along the west bank and I didn't see them catch a single fish. the couple with minnows were wading just upstream of the boat ramp and I didn't see them catch anything either. I walked up past the rapids and fished off some rocks in the long pool above the rapids and me and two other guys up there didn't catch a thing. I did end up with two white bass, one was over 12 inches, caught those near the stumps.
when I was walking back to my car at 10 a.m. a few anglers on foot had arrived, there were two guys launching a canoe at the ramp, and another boat had come up from the lake, the guys drifting in their boat had left just before I did. There is nobody out there and the fish definitely were not biting this morning.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Against my better judgment I returned to Reimers again this morning armed with my kayak. The water has risen higher, the stumps in the channel just before the rapids are now 6 inches under water. The rapids are deeper and smoother and a 16 foot aluminum boat with a 25 hp made it up through there this morning. I went upstream to the rapids just below the falls along with three other guys who were using river minnows. I stayed up there maybe an hour and they said they hadn't caught anything by the time I headed back downstream. Things were slow again today, about the same as yesterday except more people out fishing. Saw a few fish caught here and there, that was it. Beautiful day on the water and covered a lot of territory but only came up with two fish again. The current is still pretty strong felt like still quite a bit of water coming downstream.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Water was dirty at the Narrows and all the way up to Starke Dam. Starke had one gate partially open Sat and the current was strong. I fished from Narrows to Starke, just picked up a few small whites. Talked to some other fishermen and a Game Warden, all said fising was slow, probably due to dirty water coming into Travis. Should pick up by the end of this week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
fished yesterday and today at schaeffer bend...nada...fella in blue wave boat looked like he marked fish at the big rock(when there wasnt much water)...he didnt jig any...

...neither did i...

beautiful spot though...hardly anybody out there...if you have time and havent been there, its worth the drive...planning to checkout reimers tmrow...got 9 out there on friday, 3/4, then zip on 3/5...somebody tell me they killed em out there today��

pap

21 - 28 of 28 Posts