Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 200hp outboard Mariner that I would like to have serviced (i.e. tune-up, new water pump, and oil changed out in lower end). I'm looking for a recommendation in South Austin or if I receive a high recommendation I will travel further. I was also curious to know what costs I should assume to pay to have all of that done so that I'm not paying too much.

Thanks!

·
Registered
822 Posts
I don't know of any mechanics or anything about the cost.

What I did want to tell you is along with outboard and boat maintenance you also need to remember your trailer needs maintenance also. Tires, Brakes, Bearings & Hubs Lights, Trailer tongue, hook up and so forth.

Just wanted to remind you of the trailer...

Emmett

·
Registered
718 Posts
The mobile merc man worked on my merc and did a good job it seems, but will ONLY work on mercs according to him

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yea I know, but this guy was just a little quirky about it , I couldn't even get him to change the water pump in a two year old yamaha 225 for me. Would seem like a pretty simple install and it was a firm no form him. I know merc and mariner are kinda like GMC and chevy but a get the idea he might say no IMO

·
Banned
5,461 Posts
The reason he wouldn't change that water pump on that yamaha is he is too cheap to buy Metric tools..... :-X :p

J/K Jim, call me sometime I need you to look over the motor again, we are over that 8 hour hump I would bet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts