Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking the wife out for some more experience doing some fishing, and we are bringing the pups for some play time afterwards. Planning on spending the day on LBL so figured Red Bud Isle was a good spot to try. Anyone having any luck around the bank there lately? If so, Senko's and Spinner bait the chosen baits? Or should we target a different spot to fish and hit red bud later afterwards? This is her 2nd time ever fishing so I appreciate any help for the trip!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Get on FishingSkout and check the blerts for LBL. Lots of those fish are from the banks of Red Bud.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Get on FishingSkout and check the blerts for LBL. Lots of those fish are from the banks of Red Bud.
x2. But know that those guys are seemingly there daily during the summer. Many of them seem to work together to put together what's working and where. My few tries from the Isle have been significantly less productive.

And it just isn't a place that I want to put a lot of time into. I don't want to squabble with dog owners. There isn't a lot of shade. A lot seems to depend on whether water is getting released from the dam. And it smells like dog crap everywhere.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I went there yesterday mostly to try out the new Curado (worked like a dream). I should have known, I couldn't even find a quality spot with all the dogs and hipsters there for the holiday. Was there an hour and a half max.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on having my 2 dogs with me, and can deal with dog owners. If there are better bank fishing spots on the lake I am not opposed to taking her to one of those also. She is still new to fishing so anyplace I can get her a bite on her senko is appreciated! She is still working on hook sets though!

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are definitely a lot of fish to be caught from the bank at Red Bud. If you are going to fish from Red Bud though, you have to do it before 7:30 - 8 am. Any time after that and the dogs take over and it becomes unpleasant.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yes. There's a barricaded path right next to the parking lot that has a launch area.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I went there yesterday mostly to try out the new Curado (worked like a dream). I should have known, I couldn't even find a quality spot with all the dogs and hipsters there for the holiday. Was there an hour and a half max.
I knew you would like that reel Joey. Sweet isnt it?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hopefully can get the wife to catch a fish. She has never caught one before!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does it fish like LA in that weightless senko style worms in watermelon with red flake are best from the reports I've seen?

·
Registered
855 Posts
My one fish caught bank fishing from Red Bud was on a 4" senko WMRF, but from what I've read, shad-emulating lures rule the day. Flukes, soft jerk baits, A-rig, cranks. Also seen reports of big worms working.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My one fish from Red Bud was on a 4" senko WMRF, but from what I've read, shad-emulating lures rule the day. Flukes, soft jerk baits, A-rig, cranks. Also seen reports of big worms working.
I have a couple swim baits in those colors as well as some big Berkeley power worms as well. Will try a little bit of everything tomorrow and post my report when I get back

·
Registered
15 Posts
jcom if you are there in the evening I will see you there.. I stayed out too late tonight to get there in the morning. Else Id be leaving right now.. hahah

1 - 19 of 19 Posts