Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was on Choke 3 wks ago. Was there for 5 days and managed to catch around 30 fish per day. Caught em early on lipless baits and topwaters at spillway. The spillway was also a good afternoon spot...a ton of 14" fish moving in and out all day here. Mid morning to early afternoon the best bite was on main lake points on carolina rigs. The river is extremely muddy and the clearest water is on the east end in 4 fingers....hydrilla beds everywhere, but there are some big gators here. Caught the best fish just before dark on one day...9lb on drop shot right across from Caliham boat launch. It was my first time on Choke and from what I got out of it is it fishes really well. Also caught a few on spinnerbaits. Best color for c-rigs was watermelon/red. Fish were around 6-8 ft early and 10-18 ft mid day in timber. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
105 Posts
My phone had a hard time taking the pics clearly, but this is the 9lber

Same fish being weighed...9lb 0oz

Another look at it

Also here is a 17fter that circled us...the pic does him no justice....this gator was the biggest I've ever seen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.