Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LSS kicks off its first event Feb 5, 2011 on Lake Travis out of Tournament Point in Pace Bend Park.  If you are on the fence about fishing a trail this year here are a few reasons to consider fishing LSS Central this year:

1. High Payback Percentage - LSS has the HIGHEST payback percentage in the $150 entry fee range.  While other trails are at or around 80% LSS has a 90% base cash payback before additional prizes.  The optional Big Bass side pot pays out 100%.  

Based on a field of 50 teams the winners will take home $2,500; check the other sample payouts and LSS awards the most money to the tournament winners.  In addition the winners at each event will both receive a pair of Oakley polarized optics valued at $200 each.

2. Large Championship Payback - Bass Pro Shops and Tracker Marine will award the 2011 Series Champions a $25,000 2011 Nitro Z7 powered by a 150HP Mercury. (GUARANTEED)

3. Flexible Championship Qualifying Options - Fish 3 of 4 events or finish in the top 50% of your division points ranking to qualify for the LSS Championship October 22-23, 2011.  The championship lake will be announced after the second event – it's a neutral lake and a good one!

The top 3 points teams in each division will have their Championship entry fee waived.  The points champions in the Central and North divisions will fish against each other at the Championship for the AOY award; the 2011 AOYs will receive $1,000 cash.

4. Varying Lake Schedule - Travis, LBJ, Buchanan and Austin…quite possibly the most attractive schedule to come along in years.  Anglers have been asking for a Highland Lakes run and here it is, no repeat visits to lakes and no Belton or Stillhouse.

Feb 05 - Travis - Tournament Point
Mar 26 - LBJ - McNair Park
Apr 23 - Buchanan - TBD
June 04 - Austin - City Park

5. Shorter Season - There are several reasons we chose a four lake schedule.  Whether you are a new tournament angler looking to get your feet wet with a minimal investment or a seasoned pro fishing larger trails and interested in an additional trail to compete in, our four lake/shorter season will make it easier on your pocket book and time away from home.  In this economy with the rising fuel prices every little bit helps!

Other reasons to consider LSS Central:

- No points weighted meetings
- No late registration fees
- Ability to pre-fish the entire week leading up to the tournament/shorter off limits (see official rules for details)

You may register online for a single event or the entire season here:

http://ttz1.com/tournaments/lone-star-series-central/

For more info about the Lone Star Series please visit [b]lonestarseries.com[/b]

If you have any questions please feel free to contact Brian, Robby or myself...hope to see everyone on Travis in few weeks!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Reason #6: TTZ guys rock!
Fun bunch of guys for sure. Looking forward to it for sure.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I know most of you live around here but if you plan on coming from out of town to fish the Travis event, La Quinta in Cedar Park has offered up a 15% discount for TTZ anglers. All you have to do is say Nina sent you or just tell them you are fishing LSS. Looking forward to the 1st event, see everyone out there..

LaQuinta address:

1010 E Whitestone (1431 and 183A)

Cedar Park, Tx 78613

512-528-9300

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Robby or Andy,

How many boats are in the field thus far? We are registering Monday, just want it to go on next month's statement.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
See ya'll there, Good Luck

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Rules question? rule says you have to stay in the boat at all times. Andy, ???? is heading off into the brush to do paperwork an emergency? Cause with me it IS. ;)

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Leaving the boat to use the facilities, either natural or man made, is always allowed.

And speaking of bathroom breaks, make sure you ask Booker about his incident during a tournament on Conroe last year. I think the original story involves a dock, a duck and an angry homeowner but over time a lawyer, a priest and a blond got thrown into the mix as well!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
5 more days and counting, if the conditions were tough this weekend, I cant imagine what it will be like after this artic blast we are about to sustain.
JR

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
How many teams now? We mail ours last tue.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mike, we have 40 teams registered and expect a good number to sign up the morning of the tournament.

We'll have everyone's boat numbers posted at the weigh trailer Saturday morning when you check in, if you have any questions about your payment or registration please feel free to contact me via email or cell.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I do hope the weather man is right for once!!!! Good luck to all. Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts