Bass Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Re: Lake Austin - Four Fish, Forty Pounds

I can't believe that the video is still live... On the other hand, I can. If Jr has any control at all, for Gods sake pull the plug! Edit the thing, and repost later. The sad truth is in the internet world bad reviews are just as good as good reviews. The more views, posts, and links just pump up the Angling Channel. I don't know the Angling Channel guy, but whoever you are you should stop the damage, and pull the video.
Jr, we all know you are a hell of a fisherman. I suspect you log more hours on the deck each year that I have accumulated in a lifetime. The pictures at the dock are more than enough to blow our minds. Don't let the angling dude drag this out at your expense. He is getting hits, but its not going to be good for you.
Just my .02

·
Registered
5,366 Posts

Well said BC. I know Jr. as well and admire him as a fisherman. Although I have to question his judgment in going through with this. I say pull it!

·
Registered
111 Posts

56484D4543484D4D405559210 said:
Lol, what a JOKE of a video.... I especially like the one that is belly-up as it is being brought to the boat.

How long were those in the livewell before you re-hooked them and filmed?

^this

·
Registered
583 Posts

Yes it was an amazing day on austin, and they caught big fish. But BSing us like this pisses me off. After closer examination, not only did all fish "come up" sideways and slow, but they fought like a crappie on a surf rod. And, the first fish he supposadly brought in was hooked by both trebles in the right side of the mouth, and during the footage of the release, there was a hole where a hook was in the LEFT side of the fish's mouth. If I caught 4 10+ # fish, I would make Ike look like an ant! I would be screaming and hollaring and hell I'd feel like a million bucks. His response: "It's green." No offense, great fish and day on the water, but the video is BS :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
410 Posts

We all know that the video was fake and that is a fact!! Like stated above pics of these fish would have made us all drool but he had to screw it up with a FAKE video.

·
Registered
933 Posts

332A343E2D30305F0 said:
[quote author=1F27292938293E012D3E274C0 link=1297794566/30#35 date=1297829839]The fish were released.
But were they [highlight]ALIVE[/highlight][/quote]
In order to release them they have to be alive or it would be breaking the law putting them back into the lake dead.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts

546C62627362754A66756C070 said:
[quote author=332A343E2D30305F0 link=1297794566/30#41 date=1297830293][quote author=1F27292938293E012D3E274C0 link=1297794566/30#35 date=1297829839]The fish were released.
But were they [highlight]ALIVE[/highlight][/quote]
In order to release them they have to be alive or it would be breaking the law putting them back into the lake dead.[/quote]

Indeed it is. Here is where the great fisherman of ABF make it or break it ;) I honestly bet the fish were released alive, but only saw physical evidence of 2 being held until strong enough... Oh well the world will never know. Lets fish :cool:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts

Nice fish for sure.  Forget all the banter about the staged filming and chalk it up to a bad decision.

More importantly, seeing those fish should make everyone pumped up and ready to fish the Wed Nighters...they're only a month away!!!

·
Administrator
3,640 Posts

Don't remind me Ando! I'm already saving up some of my PTO at work to get out there and get embarrassed ;).

·
Registered
3,578 Posts

Justin...after your win last Sat on Travis you have officially been bit by the tournament bug!

And the only way you can possibly embarrass yourself is by fishing with that no fish catching ass clown named TDub.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts

More fuel to the fire, looks like the thread was locked on TFF based on the fact that the video was origionally released last May, not shot Feb. 14.   One more trick to try and pull the wool over everyones eyes.
JR

·
Registered
10,702 Posts

Such accusations could really diminish one's reputation and credibility. Did anyone here see the video last May or have a link to the TFF post with the video last May? Difficult to fathom. :-?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts

1F073A3730272126550 said:
More fuel to the fire, looks like the thread was locked on TFF based on the fact that the video was origionally released last May, not shot Feb. 14.   One more trick to try and pull the wool over everyones eyes.
JR
Without any hard evidence let's not add any further insult to injury.  TFF is no wiki of fishing and a tabloid type forum at best.

At the end of the day reputation and credibility are things you don't mess with when it comes to fishing for money.  

·
Registered
4,337 Posts

3F372C38313C5E0 said:
More importantly, seeing those fish should make everyone pumped up and ready to fish the Wed Nighters...they're only a month away!!!
Glad now I don't fish em, can you really be pumped to fish against Jack now that you know this? I could never fish against him for just the reason I would not want one of my dollars to find it's way into his pocket. No matter how you look at or want to defend him, this is FRAUD. He had a video put together that is only partially true to sell more guided trips on the lake. I find it very distasteful and I find those that want to defend his actions pretty sorry. The video is still up and the only defense from those involved was a sorry response from the Angling Channel coming to Jack's defense. I don't know that I would ever trust a single thing coming from this guy after this especially since he hasn't shown up to explain himself. Can you trust anything on that video? The guy is an a$$ no matter what some of you are saying. That was some of the worst treatment of trophy fish by a supposed professional I have ever seen or heard about.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts

One of the new rules we're thinking about imposing for the 2011 Wed Nighters is no livewell check!!!

Seriously though, with all the bs in the video and on this thread the only thing that is real and a fact is that TDub is a no fish catching ass clown.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts

I'd like to see a response from the parties involved. Or are they going to let this run its course and leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth?

·
Registered
583 Posts

He tried on TFF and got bombarded for it, so he probably doesn't want to be bombarded more. And who said no hard evidence? Escapes my mind. If you look closely enough one could find things that seemed "fishy" ;D

41 - 60 of 105 Posts