Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Re: Lake Austin - Four Fish, Forty Pounds

pretty sweet! and the big deal about falcon is stuff lke that and better happen on a daily-weekly basis. ;)..

·
Registered
147 Posts

Nice video. Thanks for sharing your awesome fishing trip with us all. Makes me jealous!

·
Registered
18 Posts

The video is a joke. Starts out with all four fish laying on the carpet motionless definitely wore out. Then the staged shots of "catching" them and releasing them. How did you have all 4 together if you released two right after you caught em?

Should be ashamed of that video and the lack of fish care shown. Hope the rest of you austin guys take better care of giants like those.

Just my 0.02.

·
Registered
87 Posts

“Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.”
~Ed Zern

;)

No doubt nice big fish, of course, the more details there are, the more the posibility for contradiction.

·
Registered
21 Posts

69746F756F67687269756479010 said:
He made the mistake of posting it on Texas fishing forum as well....
That's 2 huge mistakes! Not impressed and as a matter of fact very disappointed! I would be very surprised if those fish survived. I sure hope they did.

·
Registered
183 Posts

i'm thinkin' maybe this D-bag shouldn't be allowed to even post on here anymore this is just plain ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts

haha...I've seen this before/ Buddy landed a huge fish at Canyon, so we go to Papdocks/marina to get it weighed and take pictures. Buddy goes inside to see if there is scale when buddy 2 puts fish on his rod and lets it swim way out there. Then several minutes later when there was a good crowd comng out of the marina/restaruant he faught it err reeled it back in. Good times. Faught much like fish #1 in that video..the green one. lol

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

Congrats on the initial catches. Maybe? Shameful to risk loosing those fish for the sake of an ill thought out “watch me” video IMO. Those fish are too damn nice to be playing silly ass games with. Come on, have more respect for your sport.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts

Tennessee Williams wrote "Mendacity is a system that we live in. Liquor is one way out an' death's the other."

Seeing the double tragedy of this thread (first, the likely deaths by overstressing of 4 giants, second the tragic backfire of a staged video intended to promote a business which has no doubt sabotaged it) makes me want to drink. Really just tragic.
:-/

·
Registered
111 Posts

The comments on the Texas Fishing forum are pretty harsh and well said. As sportsmen, we all understand to take care of our catch...it's common sense, especially with that large of a fish. One of those LM is a catch of a lifetime for some folks....sad indeed for the sport.

·
Registered
183 Posts

just read on the TFF that this video is from last year and he just re-released it claiming it was yesterday! someone please kick this guy off of here.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

2A3B2C3E3A27490 said:
just read on the TFF that this video is from last year and he just re-released it claiming it was yesterday! someone please kick this guy off of here.
I saw that also. Its tragic that those 4 fish may not make it. All for publicity.

Clancy W

·
Registered
933 Posts

Do you know for a fact it was last year? It was done on Monday. I havn't seen the video but I do talk to the person that caught the fish.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts