11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Lake Austin - Four Fish, Forty Pounds

WOW. You guys have that lake figured out

·
Registered
381 Posts

Nice video. May I suggest you invest in a piece of plexiglass for displaying them. Laying them on the carpet like that goes against suggested methods for handling fish. Just an opinion and by no means am I an expert but it just seems it could be harmful to the fish. If you had something between the carpet and the fish and I didn't see it please accept my apologies. Thanks again for a great video and congratulations on such a great day of fishing.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts

OK, I cant stand it anymore. I am hooking the boat up right after this post and heading to lake Austin!

Nice fish, I hope I find a few of those!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts

Staged catches can't be good for the fish, twice the stress.  What did you catch them on the first time?
JR

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

Who didn't think there'd be a little bit of a lull between the time the lake filled up and the fish became reacclimated to their former surroundings...

Congrats on an amazing day!!!

I have to admit that the video's somewhat confusing, tho... in regard to the c/r aspect...

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

Yeah, the video makes it seem like every fish was released immediately after it was caught, but that's clearly not the case with the shots of all 4 fish lying on the deck. Not that it really matters, it just makes the video a little confusing that's all.

And Waylon... I'm surprised and not surprised at the same time with where Jr. was fishing. Thinking back to last year's Wednesday nighters... that's a very familiar looking creek in the background. ::)

·
Registered
104 Posts

150D303D3A2D2B2C5F0 said:
Staged catches can't be good for the fish, twice the stress.  What did you catch them on the first time?
JR
Well said JR

·
Registered
183 Posts

17312220282631172C2E430 said:
[quote author=150D303D3A2D2B2C5F0 link=1297794566/0#11 date=1297802680]Staged catches can't be good for the fish, twice the stress.  What did you catch them on the first time?
JR
Well said JR[/quote]

we'll never "really" know.

·
Registered
307 Posts

Lol, what a JOKE of a video.... I especially like the one that is belly-up as it is being brought to the boat.

How long were those in the livewell before you re-hooked them and filmed?

·
Registered
410 Posts

She did look a little tired coming in didn't she? ;) ;) awesome fish and I wish I had them figured out like you guys do but I hope the fish were released nice a healthy after being played with all day!! Great fish guys I must say that I am jealous.

·
Registered
111 Posts

Well, it is a little fishy as the video does not add up.  We see him release the fish (at least two after the catch), but in the beginning we see all four LM barely moving on the deck.

The catch time is quite remarkable as well, in which Wild Bill was referring to the belly-up landing.  I caught a 8.6 on Sunday from Travis.  The 8.6 took about three-four minutes to bring in on a rattle-trap with 20 lb fluorocarbon.  It's hard to move a big fish quickly unless you have 65 lb braid.  I could be wrong due to the temp of Lake Austin being cold making the fish sluggish.  Of course, the surface temp on travis was 52 on Sunday.

I think JR made the right call, but please tell me if I'm wrong.  Was this a stunt for future clients?   I think I would have believed the story with just pictures.  It is possible to catch a stringer like this...look at Bass Champs at Falcon this last weekend.

To see all the those large fish was exciting, but the video seems suspect.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts