Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now this is a pretty kick ass boat. I like the no carpet business. I am surprised more Ditch Pickle fisherman don't fish ut of them.

ranger1.jpg ranger2.jpg

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Agreed Brandon. Last time we were down at Falcon the guy staying next to us had one. Had it decked out with two power poles and a Yammy SHO on it. One of the coolest boats I've ever seen. He was from Louisiana and said he uses it more in the Salt than the fresh water. Would definitely be an awesome all around rig.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Brooks boat is very nice. When I got mine I was looking at Rangers, Skeeter Bay, Shearwater. Ended up with a Century 2400 inshore. Speaking of bay boats check this one out.
blackwood.jpg

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Looks a little too much like a sissy boat. :cool:

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Put that thing back in the pickle jar! The intracoastal is a cool looking boat and concept but before you opt out of sending the kids to college and buying the ranger intracoastal, there is a huge advantage to having a center console when navigating water less than 2 feet deep. I'm not sure the intracoastal will go that shallow but one example is entering Pringle lake at POC. You have to be able to see the channel to navigate it. If you are sitting down low in a bass style boat, you are sitting 3 to 5 feet lower than in a center console depending on how tall you are. navigating that channel is guess work, you'll be out pushing. There a few oyster reefs in san antonio bay that will jump out of nowhere and surprise you. Trey, get u mid grade bass boat and a bay boat like your bud Travis and your set!

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Put that thing back in the pickle jar! The intracoastal is a cool looking boat and concept but before you opt out of sending the kids to college and buying the ranger intracoastal, there is a huge advantage to having a center console when navigating water less than 2 feet deep. I'm not sure the intracoastal will go that shallow but one example is entering Pringle lake at POC. You have to be able to see the channel to navigate it. If you are sitting down low in a bass style boat, you are sitting 3 to 5 feet lower than in a center console depending on how tall you are. navigating that channel is guess work, you'll be out pushing. There a few oyster reefs in san antonio bay that will jump out of nowhere and surprise you. Trey, get u mid grade bass boat and a bay boat like your bud Travis and your set!
Spoken like you might know what the heck you are talking about - couldn't agree more.

Like a Fish n Ski, that really wasn't that great for fishing and didn't pull skiers all that much better.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I like the Z21 but if I was to sell my Ranger and the Gulf Coast I would buy one of these.... SCB Stingray

Wed Nighters would never be the same.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts

Why would I buy a boat when I have all you asshats to take me fishing? Unless someone organizes a "Don't take Trey fishing" campain, I think I am just going to keep saving until I can buy the most badass, tricked out rig possible.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
I don't know how you do it man, esp tourney fishing. I say the same thing to Andy. I guess I grew up (mostly because of my rich genetics) controlling the boat and I can't stand to fish out of the back of the boat. I know I should do more back seating because I have plenty left to learn but I just get this mental block about not being able to control boat positioning, getting spots that have been worked in most cases, etc.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
It gets old sometimes, especially if you are fishing with a stick like yourself who is just stroking fish left and right.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts