Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Spicewood we got about 3/4" on Thursday night, 1/2" on Friday night, and today we got some but haven't checked our rain gauge tonight. We drove back from Fredricksburg today after going to the horse races, and the water at Johnson City and Round Top area was standing on the sides of the road. They got hammered and some flooding. Will watch the news/weather at 10PM to see just how much the Hill Country got.
How about the rest of y'all in other areas? How much did you get?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
In Spicewood we got about 3/4" on Thursday night, 1/2" on Friday night, and today we got some but haven't checked our rain gauge tonight. We drove back from Fredricksburg today after going to the horse races, and the water at Johnson City and Round Top area was standing on the sides of the road. They got hammered and some flooding. Will watch the news/weather at 10PM to see just how much the Hill Country got.
How about the rest of y'all in other areas? How much did you get?
Here in north Austin, we got .68" yesterday. There are some nice 3"+ totals out in the Hill Country, but it hasn't got the streams flowing much. Probably that's because the ground was so dry. This was sorely needed out there. More rain is on the way, but here are the 3-day totals as of 9:30 Sunday:
2018-08-12_9-27-35.png

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I just discovered the Soil Moisture layer on Hydromet. I wish I'd taken a snapshot of it before this rain event. The AFTER shot, today's data, is impressive with 50% or higher moisture in much of the Highland Lakes basins, especially Buchanan's. Their note about this layer says that it is refreshed once a day by NASA. Impressive!

2018-08-14_10-02-06.png

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have gotten about 5 inches of rain in the past 7 days. Maybe a little more since I haven't checked our rain gauge this morning to see how much we got over night.
Still raining here now at 10:30am on Sunday morning. Had to drain some water out of our pool since the water level was right below the leuder ledge on top.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
When I left Briarcliff on Friday afternoon, my rainguage was at 3 inches. When I returned from Fredericksburg this morning, the rain guage was at 5 inches (the max) and overflowing. The ground is saturated with standing water everywhere. I had the waterproofed cover on the boat, but I did bail out 66 gallons; I counted the buckets. The lake came up 1 foot in the past week, now at 654.37. Collier and Tatum are now open again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts