Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Fished off Slaughter creek this morning. Only had a few perch thumps. The trees, vines and poison ivy were so thick it was hard to even get a cast off. Does anyone have any recommendations on rigs or colors? I was fishing a texas rig and switched between senko to green worm to purple worm and green crawfish. I really could not get a good cast out, but with the ones I did were not too successful.

Afterwards went over to Pond Behind Sam's at Southpark Meadows and fished it for a while. This pond has more weeds than any pond I've ever fished. I fished a frog lure on top and had baby bass nipping around it, but none big enough to eat it. Then fished a texas rigged power worm and caught a few that are less than 1lb . Saw many small bass jumping and swimming, I think people have taken all the good sized fish for eating. I will not be back for a long time.

Who thinks the heat is killing our fishing? What should someone do to catch some Bass when it is so hot?

·
Registered
757 Posts
I'm surprised you were able to get anything out of Sam's. My wife and I went a few weeks back and it looked nearly dry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The recent rains have helped the Sam's club pond, being a runoff retention. Weightless worms are just about the only thing I have gotten to work there. The heat is definitely effecting the fishing. I dont know why people would eat those fish though, that place is loaded with all sorts of trash and the water can 't be very clean with the parking lot draining right to it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see they have a well there which I believe most of the water is from. Where I could see into the water it was very clear. I saw many small bass, but no big ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is good to know about the well, I hadn't noticed that. It's a shame there are not similar or more abundant places in south Austin for fishing, or at least I haven't found any.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts