Bass Fishing Forum banner

Proud day on Bastrop

2K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  ChampionNate 
#1 ·
Took my 8 yr old daughter on a fishing trip to Bastrop this morning. I normally only let her fish a split shot rigged finnese worm to lessen the chance of her catching Dad. She pestered me enough to let her fish with something else so I tied on a SB for her. She caught a 16" and a 18" and the sqeals she let out fighting them was absolutely priceless. I don't know who was prouder, her or me. Wish I knew how to post pics so ya'll could see the ear to ear smiles. By the way, she whupped up on Dad :)

#2 ·
Awsome, you can find picture posting information in the Misc, section. Memories neither of you will forget. Thanks for sharing.

#17 ·
3C23282F4E0 said:
[quote author=507B727E637A7C7D5D726776130 link=1286673101/0#8 date=1286678350]The towel is because she doesn't want to get the "fish smell" on her. Definately a girl. LOL. Got her fishing, now I'll work on the details, HA
I love the 'fish smell' on my fingers/hands.  Something tells me I'm not the minority here.  [/quote]

I love it too. It's kind of mushroomy, green and fresh. Reminds me of good times.

#20 ·
Thanks for sharing the pics. She looks a happy camper for sure.

Fish smell? The first fish I catch I make a point to rub both of my hands on the fish before I relese it. then I rub my hands together to get the smell on it real good and then I let it dry. It keeps my human scent off the baits, and I think it helps me catch more fish. I've done this all my life.

#21 ·
353A203B2A272B530 said:
Thanks for sharing the pics. She looks a happy camper for sure.

Fish smell? The first fish I catch I make a point to rub both of my hands on the fish before I relese it. then I rub my hands together to get the smell on it real good and then I let it dry. It keeps my human scent off the baits, and I think it helps me catch more fish. I've done this all my life.
+1, seems to help,maybe superstition but....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.