Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so...drove up to visit daughter and her fam, and brought some gear...prineville is east of bend, and it's a beautiful lake! fished the bank yesterday, and it was quite eventful!
tied on a yamamoto bass spook, and the 1st cast had 3 blowups, with the lure flying into the air! thrilling! finally managed a 1-pounder, lol....good thing i did, cuz while i was trying to get the hooks out, it spit out a 4-inch senko! probably saved his life in the long run... tried different lures, of course, experimenting...i rested 2 to dry on top of a boulder, and was trying to decide what to tie on next, when the wind blew my new lunkerhunt double spook type of lure right off the rock! guess whose reflexes tried to grab it before it hit the ground? nice half-inch gash in my F-you finger...then while trying to climb back to the top, an outcrop that held going down, gave way going up, and now my right knee has some soft tissue pain...lol
yeah, went back early this morn and had one strike...
i'm getting old....
did hit the columbia outlet store and picked up 2 pairs of drainmakers (the kind you tie) for $48 each, and 2 pfg shirts for $22 each!
hope to get out there to fish this weekend...then on to the california delta, where every bass is 12lb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gonna be fun to see how my topwater style of fishing fares out there! then down to ventura and lake las casitas, then lake powell, where they filmed the first part of the first 'planter of the apes' movie! you oughta google images of powell!
hopefully i'll hit the louisianna delta area before the summer's thru!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah, i also had some kind of gull grab my lure....he wound up hooked in his right foot! dragged him to shore and talked him into being still while i removed the treble, lol....

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great morning at prineville! fished near pier, but nothing happening at all...went to secret spot and as the sun got higher, the fish got turned on...from 7:30 to 9:30 i had a blast! prineville lake is in a volcanic rock-filled basin, and it doesn't get much activity, it appears...i fished from the bank, throwing around rocky areas that were 10-20yds out, and look like good ambush areas...they were! using a yamamoto 4" bass colored spook, i threw it as far as i could, then walked it back slow...first fish was a 3+ smallmouth; the biggest smallie i ever caught! he was trying to break me off on the rocks, but i worked him carefully and landed him... kept throwing in the area, and wound up with 3 more (2 small & 1 largemouth) and all 3 were one pound, but great fighters... 20 strikes, 4 fish, and i can't wait to try the california delta and powell!
will take pics tomorrow...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts