Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out at Discharge, to find the buoys and Floating Boom was taken up most of entry way. So, worked shoreline to Boy Scout Camp. Partner, hung and lost several nice bass on watermelon, texas rigged lizards. GHPHOTOGRAPY finally caught a bass in 10 feet of water on lizard. I had two big blowups on frog, but they hit near boat. In the trees of Boy Scout camp, I stuck a 5.49lb bass on lipless crank...but that was it. Moved to North Shore boat ramp area, along reeds and started catching bass on medium diving cranks. You had to sit it 10 to 15 ft of water and cast shallow. We had multiple double hook ups. Nothing big, just solid 3-4lb bass. Most were caught on Bomber Flat A in yellow/black back and chrome bomber cranks. Moved to dam and never got a bite. Moved to reeds near South Shore and got skunked.

Pattern seemed to be on edges of grass with cranks, before sun came out from clouds...Once  the sun came out, the fish stayed in grass. You had to chunk a weightless fluke in the eel grass to provoke a strike.

Nice day on H2o....Thanks Gene for netting all my bass...LOL

Robert

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.