Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to either get my dad a pair of nice polarized prescription glasses or a quality paddle for the coast. The purpose of the paddle is to take some of the burden off his body and the sunglasses are just for glare reduction in the flats etc... Anyone have experience with these products?

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
I have horrible luck with sunglasses but I know a bit about paddleing.

Buy the best paddle you can afford, it makes a huge difference in your enjoyment level especially on a long day. If he is over 6' or has a wide yak I'd go 240mm. Carbon fiber handle cuase it's very light and get one as stiff as possible. These can go from $150 to $500 depending on features and brand but somewhere in the lower range will be a great paddle.

Austin Kayak has a decent selection and they are pretty informative.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now we've got bending branches slice anglers. They are good but I hear that there are much better paddles and he needs a better one. He's around 5'9" and paddles a 14 ft Manta. It's a speedy boat really but the wind can really slow down that boat.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
I have a canon wave with a carbon shaft its a 240cm and I love mine. I'm 5'8" too so I think that size might be a good fit.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
I've got a pair of prescription Costa Del Mar shades that are the best sunglasses I've ever owned. I used to wear contacts under Costa's, but after age 40, I couldn't see up close to tie my knots without taking the contacts out, an impossible inconvenience while wading the flats. Now I have progressive lenses that are polarized, and amber filtered to give best visibilty for sight fishing. Our offices (Texan Eye), as well as several others in town, carry the Costa frames and can have your Dad's presciption built into their quality lenses. Great idea for a gift for your Dad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts