Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these? Had the good luck to break my costas this weekend (not even sure how it happened) and I'm due for an eye exam so I'm thinking I could use my insurance allowances for these instead. If I need new lenses in my glasses i could pay for them on my own since I would just need lenses not frames.

Any idea how much they cost ...... $300,$400 ... that's my guess considering a regular pair is about $150-$200ish. Also my optician does not carry CDMs so I'll be looking to visit someone new at least for these.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
I have scrip Mayas 580 lens. The lenses can only be ground at Costa for about $250..+ the cost of the frames... You're in the $400 -$500 range. They will not grind the glass 580 lens, you will get polycarbonite lenses. They are lighter than glass but will scratch if you're not careful...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys just the info I was looking for. Checked with my insurance and they'll cover some of it so I think I'll be checking out my options.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Sounds like the 580 is the way to go. Should I go plastic or glass? Non prescription.

Does the color of lens factor into better viewing? Who has best prices?

Thank you

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
I wear the glass Rx Costas and they're excellent. Had this pair almost 3 years with minimal scratches, but I do keep them in a case when not on my face. They are not heavy like one would think glass would be, and I have a -3 Rx.

We carry them at our Texan Eye optical shops both south and north. Highly recommended, but yes, I am biased.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts