Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought some new equipment for my boat at BPS and was looking for recommendations as to who I could contact regarding installations. With Tracker moving over to BPS they are really behind as in I was told at least 6 weeks before they could touch it. One guy in the marine electronics dept referred me to Neil's Marine in Hutto or Klein's in Georgetown. Another guy that was helping me out of the store said he heard some bad stories from customers about Neil's. I'm having 2 power poles, a new Minn Kota with Ipilot, as well as a new Hummingbird Navigation/Sonar system installed. Does anyone have any recommendations on these 2 places or on a different one? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Getting pretty much the same thing done (Except Lowrance instead of Hummingbird & Motorguide instead of Minn Kota). Let me know what you find out!

I find that hard that they're 6 weeks behind. Maybe its because Gary is not there? I ALWAYS got my boat back 1-2 days before the amount of time quoted.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll give Neil's a shot then. I was just really concerned since a couple of their Yelp reviews were really bad. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I know it is a little out of the way but I have really had good service from R/T Marine in Granite Shoals. Have used them for years. Never a problem. Call Sammy Ratliff at 830-598-1871. Really worth a shot. John

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
+1 on Neils. Had my TM worked on. Called me withing a few days of dropping off after he figured out what was wrong, gave me an estimate for parts, labor and when he should be done. Picked it up as expected and it's been working for a couple years.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Keep in mind that most of the time, the main time people write a review on-line is when they are dissatisfied with their service. If people are happy or satisfied with it, they usually don't take the time to write a review. Sometimes this makes it seem like there are more dissatisfied people with a business than there really is. Just had some work done by Neil's again today... They did great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It looks like before covid, people also bought boats, right?) I recently also bought one and am interested in the same question. Thank you for raising this topic in 2017, it turned out to be useful

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been using Nails marine for some time now too and it was good, so you can choose it without any doubts. And before you study it in more detail, the main thing is to want it, otherwise you will not be able to understand anything. This is an interesting question that requires knowledge of how to build a circuit board. A circuit board is probably the basis of everything that surrounds us. When I returned from lectures on this topic, I wanted to analyze it even more precisely. But you can be sure of your choice if you prefer Nails marine. Good luck, bro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts