Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to Port Mansfield on Sunday and monday. Sunday was completely amazing. The blue water crept up into the jetties, the wind was calm, birds were diving, bait was plentiful, and the waves.... Ha well if I could even call them waves had to have been less than a foot! The spearfishing was amazing on the south side jetties. Speared sheephead, mangroves and angelfish. Working on my spearfishing video. Caught a couple of nices reds and 2 nice trout(24" and 26") in the early morning.
Monday: the wind picked up, waves picked up, the water murked up but the fish were still twerked up. Our buddy Captain Chris Stark met up with us to take us out on his boat. We ended up with 6 reds in the box, all 25-28in. Captain hooked a nice tarpon but did not get to land it. Our friend Ali also caught a nice kingfish on my bay rod, medium heavy with 12lb mono. Didn't get to measure the fish or weight it but it seemed to be over or at least 30lbs. All we know is that there was nothing better than eating fresh kingfish on the beach after a long day of fishing.
Before we left on Tuesday Morning, I took the kayak out and managed another king on the same rod from the first king.
Fishing with Captain Chris Stark, Port Mansfield, TX PINS - YouTube
Ohh and if anyone happens to be interested in booking a charter with Captain Chris Stark, I left his contact info in the description of my fishing video.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yup I have to say I had a lot of fun on that trip. Can't believe how clear the water was! Capton Chris stark was awsome he really showed us a good time. If u don't have a 4x4 he will ferry u out to the jetties for as long as u want. We stayed 3 days and had a blast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts