Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brother was hosting a crawfish boil Saturday out at his ranch. We loaded up and headed out in the morning and drove through storms that kept thinning out the farther east we went. As the head chef and chief bottle washer my job was to get everything prepped and once that was done I was heading to the ponds. Weather had cleared up so I was excited to get out to the water. Totally caught off guard with SIL, two nephews and a niece ask me if I would take them fishing. Off we went and I lined everyone up with spinners and chatterbaits. Quickly determined that chatterbaits were the choice for the day - black/blue or waternmelon did not seem to matter. At the first pond they caught 11 cutie pies and fun fish and then we loaded up and headed for the next pond. We hoped 3 more ponds and ended up with 18 cutie pies, 6 fun fish and 2 good uns for the group. And I had not made one cast. Back to the house and 200lbs of crawfish to boil along with all of the extras. We finished around 5 and I was loading up to go fishing when the whole crew got me. So I took SIL, 3 nephews and 5 nieces back out to fish. Bite was slow at first but around 6 it picked up. All in we caught 23 more cutie pies and fun fish along with 2 more good uns. And I still didn't make a single cast for the day. But we had fun. Lots of good food and fellowship plus watching the youngsters get excited about fishing. Pretty good day had by all. Keep your lines tight, be safe and have a blessed day.

·
Super Moderator
2,054 Posts
CWB (Chief Bottle Washer) is a very prestigious title. I’m heartened to hear that you are also serving as Master at Tackle. Kudos for putting all the volunteer anglers on the fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts