Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I posted that I was considering using the excuse, “The polar vortex shut ‘em down” regarding black bass bites. I figured that a sandal wearing yakker would beat me to it. Unbelievably, it was Texas’ electrical grid operator ERCOT that used it first. ERCOT pussed out, chucked their man cards and hopped a plane to Cancun. ERCOT pulled the plug on hundreds of thousands of rate paying residential consumers with the inexcusable reason of, “The polar vortex shut ‘em down” referring to non-winterized electrical generation facilities.

The real men of Texas held the line, whether it was electrical, plumbing, survival or fishing.

I dropped the Light Icebreaker “Pond Prowler” onto the Lake Pflugerville ice at sun up. I cut a hundred yards of thin “class 0” ice from the ramp to the main lake. I trolled across and started working the south shoreline with paddletail and chatterbait. No bites on pull bait, so I backed off and cast out a drop shot. I caught a fish! I fished for five more hours without another bite.

At the ramp, the yakker taking out in front of me told me he and his buddy fished Lake Pflugerville Tuesday morning, thereby FULLY reinstating mancards for all yakkers everywhere! Cowabunga!
8531C5DA-ABB0-4DBA-A95C-CB1826656C92.jpeg

·
Registered
149 Posts
Still not sure if this is crazy or awesome. Maybe I am not meant to know. Good looking fish. Also, I am grateful for to those yakkers. I will leave my yak in dry storage for a while longer.

JT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts