Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much is a fair price to have a garbage disposal replaced? Mine started leaking and being tight on time I thought I would have a plumber replace it. Got two quotes 189 & 200! Labor only. Both seemed kinda high. Picked one up at the depot for a 100 and replaced it in an hour. Does that seem kinda high or am I just getting cheap in my old age?Felix

·
Registered
449 Posts
Glad you did it yourself - easy fix. Decent price depending on which one you got - hope you got some with some power and not the absolute bottom of the line (apartment grade).

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Most plumbing companies charge around $100h for a service call plus a trip charge... That price was about average..

·
Registered
733 Posts
Just had new counters installed and although I'm a diy guy decided to hire a plumber since the new sinks were twice as deep and so the plumbing needed to be reconfigured to make room for the disposal install. Total cost was about $266, plumber's labor was about $110/hour less my 10% off angie's list coupon, and that included installing the new fancy ass single handle sprayer faucet my wife's wanted forever. She finally got her granite counters, deep sinks, and fancy faucet, so THE most important aspect of married life, domestic tranquility, lives on. I think parts were about $80 or so of the total bill. So much for any tackle runs to Academy in the near term though.:(

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Just had new counters installed and although I'm a diy guy decided to hire a plumber since the new sinks were twice as deep and so the plumbing needed to be reconfigured to make room for the disposal install. Total cost was about $266, plumber's labor was about $110/hour less my 10% off angie's list coupon, and that included installing the new fancy ass single handle sprayer faucet my wife's wanted forever. She finally got her granite counters, deep sinks, and fancy faucet, so THE most important aspect of married life, domestic tranquility, lives on. I think parts were about $80 or so of the total bill. So much for any tackle runs to Academy in the near term though.:(
where'd you get your granite?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts