Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to go catfishing tomorrow night on lake travis. If anyone knows where sandy creek is thats where I will be. Right off the bank it is a steady drop off for about 30 feet then it hits drops off a ledge I believe. My plan was to fish here with a 3/4 oz weight on the bottom and a size 1 circle hook a foot to 2 feet up then just fire it out there. Is this a good location and tackle or should I go to the cove around the bend that is about 40-50 FOW straight off. Also, I have some dough bait I was gonna try and I was gonna cut some perch as well. Any other recommendations there? Finally, I was thinking about starting about 9 and fishing until 12 or 12:30. Is this a good time frame? I'm open to PM's if you have any info you don't want to share openly.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
how is it over at mansfield dam?? Can you stay thru the night??

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure. I know you can't on the LA side of the dam but there is a lot of camping on the LT side. You think that would be a good place?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
your guess is as good as mine bro. i have yet to fish lake travis, so Im brand new to this lake

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh alright. I'm kinda new to fishing by myself (meaning without dad haha). So I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs and LT is right by my house.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
i hear it. Man I wish i stayed close to a lake like that. I been fishing solo for a while. I been learning as I go, so i hear ya on that. well if you find a good spot to bank fish, pm me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I definitely will man. If you know any good ones you'd be willing to share anywhere im always open to suggestions. PM of course

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I stay in Pville so going to the big lakes is always a drive for me. PM Sent

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
justlovetofish - just looked, the mansfield dam park closes at civil twilight. no camping available

1 - 9 of 9 Posts