Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am not fishing in any tournaments, nor in any bass clubs, this is what I would try while fishing Lake Travis.

MY $0.02..

I have fished six times in the last 14 days.... I AM NOT A GUIDE, just been fishing alot lately.
I would locate any underwater lights on the lake, example, accross from sandy creek boat ramp, there are docks that have underwater lights. Before tournaments, go at night and locate these docks. Mark on map. I have fished at these docks for the past several weekend nights, to find alot of bait. At first light, try fishing these kind of docks. I have caught solid 3+lbs LMB with occasional 1-2lb fish, too.

Second I would fish with firetiger crankbaits. I have caught over 30 bass on the Firetiger Flat A, while trolling for whites... Spots to LMB, all seem to like this bait.

I charted bait fish, off Point Venture, drop spoons down to catch whites, instead got into a school of solid 2-3lb bass. Again, you might think they are whites, but the bass are under schools of bait fish, too.

I AM NOT A GUIDE, just trying to give you some ideas...

Good Luck and be safe!

I JUST KICK MYSELF, for not entering the FLW. But I had  to attend a family funeral, out-of-town...So it was not meant to be.

· Banned
5,438 Posts
Ranger, that is good stuff for sure...but don't kick yourself for not fishing FLW ;D

Travis is famous for fish moving around, changing locations, etc. T-Day changes everything ;D

If I had a nickle for every time I have caught fish in practice and then had my bite shut down (weather, traffic, pressure, etc) on T-day ::)

· Banned
1,010 Posts
hehe...true, true!  I've also heard the Lake Travis fish move around a lot in Terry's livewell on tourney day.  One minute they're in there, the next they're not  ;)

<Inside joke for those who recall Terry's incident with one of the fish getting lodged up on a ledge in the front livewell of his boat.  The fish couldn't be found in the livewell after Terry and his partner both witnessed the fish go in the livewell.  Classic Lake Travis houdini fish!>

-Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.